Natural Gas Generators will Mitigate your Losses Due to Power Outages
As you have already seen from the devastation caused by the raging fires in Fort McMurray, extreme weather incidents can have widespread effects. One of the most common after-effects of any significant weather, especially severe thunderstorms or flooding, is a power outage, which can cause you significant financial losses, interrupt your home comfort and in today’s electronic age, effectively cut off communication. A natural gas generator can mitigate any losses due to a loss of electrical power and keep things running smoothly.
Prepare for Extreme Weather Conditions with a Natural Gas Generator
So far this summer has brought unseasonably warm temperatures and heat waves throughout Canada; particularly across Ontario and Southern Quebec. According to The Weather Network, this trend is expected to continue for several weeks. Predictions are that although rainfall will leave dry conditions prone to fires, when the rain does hit it will be significant with plenty of thunderstorms. This means the summer carries potential for flooding, fires and electricity outages. The time to invest in a power generator is now to ensure you are not without electricity once these potentially devastating weather incidents occur.
The best tip we can provide you with for unexpected weather that has potentially damaging effects is to expect the unexpected. If you are prepared with a backup power generator that runs on natural gas, you will have an electricity source that is not dependent on your local hydro company. Other planning tips include:
- Create a disaster preparedness plan and ensure everyone on the premises knows what to do before an event occurs.
- For home or business, make sure you have a list of vendors or repair people for all contingencies so you can get repairs or cleanup started as soon as possible after the storm has passed.
- Be sure your backup power generator is maintained regularly so it will be ready when you need it.
- Make sure all cell phones have emergency contact numbers and an alternative power source. These are a lifeline.
- Learn to be observant of your surroundings and pay heed to weather watches and warnings. Do take them seriously and be ready to enact your preparedness plan.
- Know your insurance policy and have the information stored in a safe place that you can access.
GAL Power has been providing generator back up power and power generation maintenance and planning solutions to all kinds of businesses for over 30 years. Not only can we provide you with quality generators, we can help you devise a proper contingency plan for your company, ensuring you’re prepared for any unpredictable weather and power outages. For more information, visit http://www.galpower.com/.